Wednesday, April 4, 2012
What Ya Need:
- Coffee filters
- Curling ribbon used for gifts
- Medicine dropper or plastic syringe (no needles of course!)
What Ya Do:
- Encourage each child (or momma) to draw on a few coffee filters with the markers. Swirly, abstract designs work very well.
- Use the dropper or syringe to put drops of water on the coffee filter.
- Watch the beautiful colors run together!
- Place filters to dry.
- Scrunch filters together and tie with a length of curling ribbon.
- Use scissors to curl the end of each ribbon to create "antennae"
- Place on a window. Use for a mobile. Glue on a popsicle stick to make a puppet.
Goes well with: The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle