Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fire & Ice

I am actually going to start with the ice part.  My sister is actually iced in at Palmer Station, Antartica.  She was supposed to be home at the end of October but the boat that came to get got stuck.  Wow, right?  She will have to be there an extra 30 days!  So, I am not sure if she will be able to read my blog a lot because she has limited internet time but I am going to try to post almost everyday to give her a glimpse of what we are doing back here in Iowa. 

Okay, for the fire part.  I made "Girl on Fire" nails for Loki to go with her Katniss costume.  She is still obsessed with all things Hunger Games.  When Ladybug saw the nails she said, "Oh.  Pretty nails.  Let me see.  Let is shine!" 



I have always looked at those super fancy nails on Pinterest and thought no flippin' way.  But these were super easy! 

-  I painted 3/4ths of the nail black
-  Then I added orange to the top 1/4th
-  I then painted yellow flames over the tops
(I let each color dry between coats).

There you go - GIRL ON FIRE NAILS!  LET IT SHINE!



 

This is my sister's dog.  We miss you, K! 

Till Next Time - See You On the Flip Side! 

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment