Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Homemade Chicken Soup For Slackers

Yup.  Homemade chicken soup for slackers.  Because I needed a quick-n-dirty recipe for soup.  I truly believe that chicken soup can cure the world.  I have threatened to make my kids eat chicken soup weekly to stave off illness.  After recovering from a terrible cold that hit me and the Ladybug, I think I will consider making good on that threat this year.

So here it is:

Ingredients:
-  1 can chicken broth
-  2 frozen/fresh chicken breasts
-  noodles, cooked
-  frozen peas or any other randome frozen veggies

What You Do:
-  Put the chicken broth and 2 cans of water in large pot.
-  Put checken breast in broth/water and heat on medium heat until bubbling.
-  Turn down heat to med low, like 3. 
-  Let cook for approximately 20 minutes.  Chicken is done when cooked through and tender. 
-  Add noodles and peas.
-  Cook another 5 minutes.



-  Done.  Return to the couch to watch cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment